Studying in the US is a dream for many. Once you receive your offer letter, you will have to start with your visa application but the question that bogs the mind is – How to apply for a student visa in the US. So let us help you with the process!
Step One – Pay SEVIS fee
Step Two – Create a user account and complete the visa form. Sample can be viewed here
Step Three – Pay the application fee. You can pay it via NEFT, Mobile Phone, Axis and CITI Bank.
Step Four – Schedule appointment for biometrics collection at Visa Application Center. Once done, you schedule a second appointment for visa interview.
Step Five – Wait for your visa
- DS 160 Confirmation Page: (You can access it here)
- Appointment Confirmation Page: (Once you complete your visa form and click submit, it will generate an alpha-numeric barcode confirmation page. This is the required page)
- Visa application fee payment receipt
- Copy of appointment confirmation letter
- Your application confirmation page (Stamped at VAC)
- SEVIS fee receipt
- I-20 Form (Visa Class F and M applicants) or DS – 2019 (Visa Class J applicants)